We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Memorial Day

Celebrating Memorial Day in the past has really meant getting together over the weekend and having a cookout with family. I have had relatives pass on and a few times I have gone with my parents to put flowers on their graves.

It hasn't been until the last two years that Memorial Day has meant more to me. This is the second Memorial Day since my Dad passed away. This is the second Memorial Day that I have taken my girls to the cemetary after church on Sunday to visit Grandpa's grave.

I miss my Dad and there's many times when thoughts of him pop in my head. The most recent ones are while getting ready for Hannah's TaVaci concert to begin he popped in my head of when he came to her preschool Christmas performance and how I knew he would have loved to have watcher her perform this night.

Another recent one is as Dave and I are getting ready to start our yard. I think of how he would be right here with us on his tractor helping us till and level the dirt to get us ready to plant the seed. He would be loving every minute of it.

I love and miss you dad. I think of you often!

Here's some pictures we took while at the cemetary this year...


Hannah came home from church and quickly got busy making a card for Grandpa. Here's what it said, "Grandpa, We miss you. We are still thinking of you. We love you. Love, GDMHAN", which translates into Grandma, Dad, Mom, Hannah, Ashley, and Nicole.


Ashley and Nicole enjoyed a nap in the van while we visited the graves. I took this picture of them as they woke up when get got back in the van.

Buiried next to my Dad in Smithfield is also my Grandpa Joe, who is my Mom's Dad

and also Cody Richardson who is my cousin that died at the age of three months. We also put flowers on their graves each year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shell: Your dad's grave look's gorgeous I bet he is so proud of you and your family and that he is glad that your mom has you...
love
kim