We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Monday, June 8, 2009

I Got a Little Queasy

My incisions had been covered with bandages and tape since the hospital. I was suppose to remove the tape and bandages on Saturday. I had two sections of tape. One was over my belly button and the other was diagonally down my right side.

Knowing that I was suppose to remove the tape, I became brave Saturday night before going to bed and removed the tape and bandage by my belly button. Ok.....I guess I wasn't sure what they really did during surgery and I THOUGHT I had a little incision "next" to my belly button. Little did I know that I had four staples, yes, that's FOUR stapes inside my belly button. This discovery made me a bit queasy. I had to lay down on the bed so I didn't tip over. I quickly decided that the next set of bandages were not coming off! I informed Dave that he would be removing the other bandages the next day while I was laying down and unable to see anything.

Yes, I have had three c-sections and I love watching ER shows on TV. I was surprised that I struggled seeing my own incisions but WOW it really threw me for a loop. When you have a c-section your staples are removed before you leave the hospital. Maybe this is the issue. The stapes are still in there! I look like I have four separate zippers on my body. It's going to make for a good dot-to-dot picture someday!

On Sunday, Dave did remove the other tape and bandages and yes, I was laying flat and did not watch. I have two little incisions that have two staples each and a third larger incision that has four staples. So, I have a total of 12 staples on my torso.

Today being the third day after surgery has brought me a lot of soreness. Everyone says the third day is the worst and then it's downhill from there. I kept getting a tickle in my throat yesterday which resulted in me coughing and IT HURT LIKE NO OTHER. This could be another reason why I'm pretty sore today. You don't realize what muscles you use for what until you can't use them. Coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose, spitting toothpaste.....yea.....these all use interesting muscles.

Hannah and Ashley will be coming home tonight. We called to chat with them last night and they are having a blast with the Ropers. They'll probably come home and be totally bored with us! What a fun experience for them to spend this much time with cousins and what a big help it has been for me.

Nicole spent last night with Grandma Peterson again and cried when she dropped her off at daycare this morning. She must be getting in some good "spoil time". She was here with Dave and I Saturday night and most of Sunday until we went to my mom's for dinner. She did really well but it was hard for me not to be able to pick her up and take care of her. I am use to doing everything so going from everything to nothing was pretty hard.

Dave is in training this week but at least it's local. He'll work 10 hour days Monday through Thursday and have Friday and Saturday off before starting his summer patrol shift on Sunday. The girls can go to daycare during the week and my mom will get them there and pick them up for me. Dave will be home in the evenings to help so this will be great.

Hopefully by the end of the week I will be back to pretty much normal.......accept for not being able to lift anything over 20 pounds for 3 weeks! I think this includes laundry and vacuuming too!

1 comment:

Jen Ten said...

What? You got queezy and almost passed out? hhhmmmm that sounds familiar!!! Hope day three is the WORST and that you start feeling better!