We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Monday, November 17, 2008

We've Been Out of Commission

Last Monday while I was using Dave's computer to type some recipes for a class I was teaching on Friday, the computer crashed. When we moved to Mendon, we were unable to bring a computer with us and we've been using Dave's laptop from work. It is amazing how useless you feel when you do not have a computer or the internet. Dave got his computer back today and so now I feel like we can get back in touch again. This has brought to life that I REALLY want a laptop for Christmas. It's been on the list for awhile and we've been looking. After this experience, I think it's at the TOP of the list!

Last week was pretty mellow. In fact, I didn't even take one picture! The only thing planned for was Dave heading to U of U for the Mountain Crest semi-final playoff football game and me teaching a 30-minute meal class for Fabulos Friday (enrichment night). Even though Mountain Crest lost by two, Dave said the game was really good to watch. My cooking class went alright. I was EXTREMELY nervous. I had 30 minutes to teach the class and I had some samples to try. I got nervous and talked really fast and was done in 15 minutes and ready to sample! Oh well! At least I'm new enough in the ward that if they didn't enjoy it, they'll never ask me to do it again! Always looking for the positive.

One sad event did happen during the week. A long time friend of the Welker family, a guy that served in the Bishopric with Dave's Dad, and a guy that lived on Hollow Road where we lived for the past 2 1/2 years was out walking Wednesday night with his daughter when he was hit by a truck. Arlin was critically injured in the accident and I'm sad to say that he passed away Saturday morning from the trauma to his body.

Both Arlin and his daugher were wearing emergency relector jackets but the driver did not see them. The daughter was not hurt in the accident. Its times like this when it reminds you to live life to the fullest each and every day for you never know when it will be someone you love's time to leave earth. Tonight as I was looking around my house you would never know that it was sparkling clean on Saturday. Now, it is a cluttered mess. I have three little tornados. However, I look at it and am very thankful for my girls and I'm very thankful for the opportunity to have the toys on the floor because it means that they are in my life. I am also very thankful for an amazing husband sitting here next to me on the couch while I am typing.

Dave's Dad has been asked to speak at Arlin's funeral. I'm sure he will do an amazing job. I'm sure he is honored to be considered for this task.

I cannot believe it is already November 17! Where has this month gone? Next week is Thanksgiving and then comes the craziness of Christmas shopping! Dave was hoping to not put up Christmas lights this year but Hannah has been asking for the past two days when we're putting up the lights! I do love the holiday seasons and the feelings it brings inside. It's fun to now see excitement through a child's eyes. The weather has been and is suppose to be amazing for the entire week. As soon as we're ready to put up the lights it will be freezing cold. Isn't this how it's suppose to be?

The computer made it through the whole post! Yeah! We're on the right track! Hopefully, I'll get some pictures this week! Until next time.....

1 comment:

Emily Snow said...

I just got a Macbook...about five days ago. Belated birthday present. James decided it was time we had our own laptops...and I didn't fight him. It's taking some getting used to, but a lot of people have told me this is going to be better for "me"...for emailing, blogging, editing pictures and making movies. Let me know what you get!