We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Pirate, Snow White and a Cow, Oh My!

I think the girls had a Happy Halloween this year. It was a busy one and by the time the night was over, everyone was exhausted.

The Halloween festivities began with all three girls getting ready to go Trick or Treating at Traci's house after I got off work. We headed to Lee's Marketplace for some Trick or Treating at 3:45. Lee's does an annual Trick or Treat that usually ends around 6 p.m. Of course this year they had to change it and it ended at 4 p.m., so we were rushed to get there. I did see that going at the end was the best! The girls were getting handfuls of candy put in their buckets. They were in heaven!

After Lee's we headed to the Logan Nursing & Rehab Center to meet up with Traci and some of the other daycare kids. It is a tradition of Traci's to take the daycare kids trick or treating at the nursing home. This is the first year I have been able to tag along. I love the thought that the older people do not scare my kids. To them it is fun to go there and trick or treat and I'm sure the older people love having the kids come to see them. We did have one little incident.....one of the residents was coming home with me. In fact, she had her purse and was following me right out the door. When I asked her where she was going, she looked at me and said she was coming with me. I politely said that I didn't bring her here so she couldn't come with. She said OK and headed back inside. This isn't the first time this has happened to me at a nursing home. I guess this is why I have a bit of a phobia of going to them.

From the nursing home we were off to Grandma Nana's. Trick or Treating at Nana's does not result in a treat from the treat bucket.....you get a "bag" of treats premade by grandma. In the bag this year was some chocolate chip cookies, small candy bars, a can of apple juice, and a dollar. Score!! The girls love going to Nana's to visit. Her house is not "child proof" so it's a little nerve racking for me with an active baby. It was a good visit though.

I love how innocent kids are. Ashley asked Nana why here arms were wrinkled. We also trick or treated to Nana's neighbor. She's a cute little 90+ year old lady. She probably only stands about four feet tall. She answers the door and Ashley says, "Why are you so short?" Gotta love them!!!

After Nana's it was time to do a little trick or treating around Grandma Peterson's neighborhood. The girls went to four houses that they love visiting.

Now it's time to head to Mendon to trick or treat our neighborhood.....and trick or treat we did.....Welker style. Dave was home waiting for us. He had the golf cart all ready to go with the strobe red light on top. They girls were in heaven using the golf cart to get around. The highlight was going to the bishop's house and not getting candy but roasting a hotdog over a bon fire. They also were roasting marshmallows and had hot chocolate. It was fun taking some time to chat with some of the other ward members. After all was said and done, I forgot to take a picture of us in the golf cart. Oops! Maybe next year.

Next year I have decided that we are not going trick or treating, we are going to stay home so the girls can have the thrill of handing out candy. I really think Hannah had more fun doing this than she did getting the candy. She had a stool pulled over to the front door and she would hold the bowl while looking out the side window and waiting for someone to come. Her excitement when someone was coming up the driveway was so fun to see.
We fed Nicole a little dinner and then decided to head to Grandma and Grandpa Welker's to trick or treat. On our way to the Welker Ranch, we stopped by a house of a lady Dave works with at Mt. Crest. Her yard was totally decked out with decorations and the girls thought that was great. She had been waiting for them and again they SCORED! They left with candy, a glow in the dark wand, a glow in the dark necklace, and a glow in the dark bracelet.

The visit with Grandma and Grandpa Welker was fun but towards the end everyone was exhausted. Nicole finally layed on the floor with her blanket and you could see in her eyes that she was saying, "come one guys.....I'm so tired!" We got back to Mendon at 9 p.m. and it was lights out!!!

Good thing it only comes once a year!!!!!

I had to add this picture......I couldn't get Nicole to hold still long enough to get a group picture so Hannah decided to hold her by the tail. I think the sa
ying usually is "Grab the bull by the horns.....not Grab the cow by the tail."

No comments: