We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Each Thanksgiving brings two feasts for us. One with my side and one with Dave's side. Thursday is spent having dinner with my family and Friday is spend having dinner with the Welkers.

This Thanksgiving Thursday was celebrated in Mendon with Grandma Peterson. The dinner was yummy and the girls loved having Grandma here with us for most of the day. She even stayed with the girls for an hour while Dave and I ran to Logan to get a movie. We should have left her with the girls in Mendon and we could have gone to her house in North Logan for the night! Can you imagine the partying that would have gone on in Mendon!?!

As Dave and I were in Logan, we drove by the Staples and Best Buy shopping center and were amazed at the crazy people lined up outside of Best Buy. There was probably 20-30 of them. Crazy! Nothing is a good enough buy for me to stand outside all night waiting in line for Black Friday! We were in town about 6:30 p.m. They had a long night ahead of them. There was only one poor lonely guy sitting outside Staples. Best Buy must have had the better deal!

Friday, we headed to the Welker Ranch to be there by 1 p.m. for the opening of Grandma and Grandpa Welker's mission call. All of the Welkers were there either in person or via phone. And the call is......drum roll please.....Albuquerque, New Mexico serving with the LDS Family Services. From my understanding this is old stomping grounds for G'ma and G'pa Welker. In the early years of their marriage, they lived in Albuquerque, New Mexico where G'pa Welker taught seminary. They traveled many times to the reservations in this area. I believe they will feel right at home and they know the Lord is sending them to this place for a reason. They will report for their mission on February 2, 2009. The mission will be for 18 months.

Dinner with the Welkers was yummy and Hannah and Ashley enjoyed their time with cousins. G'ma Welker coordinated for everyone to go to the church to play dodge ball. Dave and the girls went for this activity and I headed home to give Nicole a much needed nap.

After dodge ball, everyone headed to Mendon for "movie night". The adults stayed downstairs chatting while kids were either up watching the movie with the surround sound and projector or they were outside taking advantage of the golf cart.

Ashley was so exhausted from the day's activities that she fell asleep during the movie. Hannah kept right on a chugging and finally crashed after everyone left at 9:15 p.m. Nicole stole the show with the adults with her teasing personality and when I mentioned it was time for night-night, she told everyone bye, blew them a kiss, and walked to her bed. Pretty impressive.

Saturday brought Dave helping his Dad at Ken's house (Dave's brother), me and Nicole taking a shopping trip with G'ma Peterson, and Hannah and Ashley enjoying more cousin time at the Welker Ranch. Again, the girls were exhausted by nights end and crashed until Sunday morning.

Sunday has brought a sick baby. Nicole has been struggling with a cold and today it's hit full force. She's been toting a 102.7 fever and wanting LOTS of snuggle time, which tells me that she does not feel good. I've been keeping her medicated and crossing my fingers that it passes quickly. Why do they always get sick when it's been a long weekend and now it's time to head back to work? Oh well, what do you do? They come first. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I am really terrible at taking pictures at Thanksgiving. I have no pictures of the Welker day and I remember just before my mom left on Thursday to take some pictures. I guess I'll have to try harder next year!!!

I did get one......G'ma Peterson and the girls.......


No comments: