We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Time Out For Women


Saturday I was able to attend the Time Out For Women event that was held at the Kent Concert Hall on the USU campus. This is my third year of attending and I love it each time. It's a fun "girl's" day out and something I enjoy doing with my Mom. This year we were also joined by Kendal and Emma (sisters-in-law).

On the schedule this year was Mary Ellen Edmunds, Camille Fronk Olson, Amanda Dickson, Merrilee Boyack, and Sharon G. Larsen. These are truly amazing women. The thing I love the most is they each have a unique sense of humor. The music was provided by Kenneth Cope. What an amazing voice he has!

It always turns out to be an uplifting and spiritual day. I love being rejuvenated and knowing that there are other sisters out there with the same trials and every day dealings as me. This year I left knowing that I need to change my attitude to "I'm doing the best I can" instead of feeling as though I'm failing because I can't keep up. The topic this year was on finding joy. This is something I am making a goal to do. I want to find more joy in life instead of always worrying about falling behind.

I love listening to these ladies and their wisdom. If any of you have the opportunity to attend one of these events, I would highly recommend it. Here's a link to the website if you want to see if there's one coming near you: http://deseretbook.com/time-out/schedule.

Thanks Dave for watching the girls all day so I could go!!

Upon returning home from the event, we headed up to the "Mendon Mountains" for a cookout. We had dutch oven potatoes, barbecue chicken, and cobbler. Thanks Dave! We were joined by Glade, Nate, Kendal, Bridger, Sam, and McKenna. It was good times had by all....except Hannah who ended up with a bruised bum trying to cross the creek. Uncle Glade was trying to help her across so she didn't get wet but her feet came out from underneath her and she ended up landing on her backside. Poor girl! She's been a little stiff and sore today but fairing rather well. I'm sure it hurt!!!

The cool thing....we could see the outside lights on our house as we were driving out. The girls though this was great!

1 comment:

Emily Snow said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that you started one of these!