We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's Never A Good Sign When You Hear.....

"Shell....I could use some help in here!"

Let me take you back to the beginning of our Sunday....

Our church begins at 9 a.m. so Sunday mornings are a bit hectic. Three girls need dressed, hair done, and fed, Dave and I need to be ready, the diaper bag needs to be packed and so does the church bag for Ashley and Hannah. It's never a good sign as you're feeding Nicole her cereal and fruit, Hannah and Ashley are at the table eating their muffin and what walks past the dining room window......a llama! Great! Not only are we pressed for time to get out the door and head for church but now we have to sidetrack and put the llama back in the pasture.

Last Monday Nicole decided that crawling was for the birds so she is now a walker. You can see her progress daily with her walking. She rarely crawls. Walking seems to be much more fun! So sacrament meeting was quite a challenge today. Nicole did not want to be held. She wanted to be down trying her new found skill. We hadn't even been passed the sacrament when down she went and bonked her head. Out the side door went Dave as to not make too much of a scene in our direction.

Next came Sunday school. Yes, Sunday school with a very active baby that is exhausted because it's past nap time. Even before Sunday School started we were already exhausted. I think Dave was even starting to break a sweat. The Sunday School class is our ward is always jam packed so there isn't enough room to put her down and let her roam. We looked at each other and said, "We're out of here. This is going to be a nightmare!"

Dave volunteered to go home with Nicole so she could nap and one of us could return to church and hopefully get something out of a lesson. I asked Dave to make sure he woke Nicole up at noon so I could feed her lunch and have her back on schedule so that ALL of us could have a Sunday nap. He agreed and I was off to finish church.

Church is now over and Hannah, Ashley, and myself have pulled into the garage and we're unloading from the car when Dave appears in the door and this is where I hear, "Shell, I could use some help in here!" I look up and catch a glimpse that Dave is holding Nicole under her arms and away from his body. I can also hear Nicole crying. I think to myself that Nicole has either had a blow out diaper or she has thrown up.

I walk in the house to see that Dave has Nicole standing in the kitchen sink. As I get closer I can see that we're dealing with a messy diaper or so I thought. As I start from her feet and move up I see that her socks are covered in poop......the front of her legs are covered in poop......Dave is removing her dress, which is covered in poop.....there is poop on her arms......there is poop on her forehead......oh my goodness where is the diaper! I look at Dave with a puzzling look. He looks back and says, "She took off her diaper. I would suggest you not go in the room and see the mess."

Nicole is passed off to me, Hannah and Ashley are now running around the house yelling that Nicole has pooped in her bed and it's disgusting, and Dave has gone to start the bath water. As I'm trying to clean her up with baby wipes, I can tell by the way it is not wiping off easily that this has been going on for awhile in her bed. The only thing to do is put her in the tub.

Hannah and Ashley are still running around yelling because Nicole has pooped in her bed and it STINKS!!!

I finally did take a stop in the bedroom to see the damage. The bed is COVERED and I mean COVERED. At least she was nice enough to keep everything in the bed. She didn't get walls, carpet or dresser. Thank goodness for a small miracle!

Once Nicole was bathed and dressed we pulled parts of the bed outside for a wash down. All I can say is DISGUSTING! However, I can handle cleaning this up much better than throw up. but it was still NASTY!

What do you do? You laugh. We have gotten quite a laugh out of this. In fact, I got the giggles in the kitchen when Dave told me she pulled her diaper off in bed. As we've thought about it through the day, we've laughed more. This is something I could see Ashley doing....she's a little more mischevious...but Nicole.....she's only 11 months old. Never would I have thought she'd pull off the diaper.

I did say to Dave that he didn't need to do anything this drastic next time if he didn't want to babysit. I'm not sure if he should be left in charge!

Good times at the Welker house!!!!

Here's the conversation between Ashley and Hannah on the way home from Grandma Peterson's tonight:

Ashley: Look! There's a skibster!

Hannah: It's a ski-d-ster

Ashley: That's what I said....a ski-b-ster.

Hannah: No, a ski-D-ster

Ashley: I know! A SKI-B-STER!

At this point for the second time today, I started laughing......

Have a good week everyone!!!

1 comment:

Mike and Jessie Hylton said...

Did you take any pictures of the bed? I can just picture it in my head. Thanks for the laugh.