We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Haircut

I really don't know what Nicole's fascination is with cutting her hair.

I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and was chatting with my mom on the phone.  I made the comment that Nicole was being quiet and I'd better go check on her.  I found her in by the cabinet next to Hannah's room.  She had drug a stool over to it and was playing with the stuff on the shelves.  She immediately turned around and asked if I could put her hair in a pony tail.  By the way she was acting, I could tell something was up.  I asked her if she'd cut her hair because I could see she was hiding something behind her back and covering something in the cabinet.  She told me no.  Upon further questioning, she still denied cutting her hair....even after I found the evidence of hair in the cabinet.

After this experience, we had to have the chat about telling the truth and telling a lie.  I was so upset with her that I had to bring her upstairs to Dave and cool off while cooking dinner. This wasn't her first experience with cutting her hair.  This was her third!

Oh....did I mention in two days we were scheduled for family pictures?  Yea....that's why I was a bit upset.

The next Thursday I was scheduled for a hair appointment.  I was able to take her with me to get her hair fixed but the family pictures had to occur with the lopsidedness.  At least these will be pictures to remember.....right?

Here is the haircut you get when you continue to cut your hair.



My hairdresser did have a nice long chat with Nicole that if she ever cut her hair again she'd have to have it shaved just like her Dad.

And then there's times like this when she's so cute!

No comments: