We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mother's Day



For Mother's Day this year I was showered with beautiful handmade gifts from my girls.  To me, there is nothing better a Mom can get than things her kids make for her.

I was surprised on the Thursday before Mother's Day at work with a UPS delivery of a large box containing flowers, chocolate, and bath essentials.  Dave and Hannah ordered them online and had them sent to me at work.

The flowers are beautiful and still alive today!


Dave and I got a babysitter for Saturday night and enjoyed an evening out on a date and had dinner at Cafe Sabor.  Yummy!

On Sunday morning, Dave and the girls let me sleep in until 9:30.  This in itself is a perfect gift for any mom!  I loved every minute of it.

From church I was given a card from Nicole saying that I was the icing on the cake and both Hannah and Ashley made me the cutest cards with sayings and candy bars.  I also got the standard flower from church but I love these.  I love planting them outside in my barrels.

After dinner I was given all of the other awesome gifts from the girls.

Both Hannah and Ashley made me a butterfly......


I got "lots" of handmade flowers thanks to hannah...........


Ashley made me this cute bag at preschool that has a key chain attached and also contained some bath crystals.  She gave me a handmade card and they asked the kids questions about their mom's and this is what Ashley said:

My mom's favorite food is:  Mac & Cheese
While this is a really good answer, I'd have to say this is actually Ashley's favorite food.

My mom's favorite drink is:  Sprite
Again, this is a great answer but this is what Ashley prefers to drink.  I myself will take a Diet Coke.

My mom's favorite thing to do is:  Watch TV
Okay, this answer SHOCKED me.  We hardly watch TV at our house.  In fact, the TV really doesn't turn on until after 9 p.m. when the kids are asleep so I'm not sure why she pulled this one out of her hat.

I love my mom because:  she helps me with my bedroom.
This is a true statement!  We love cleaning bedrooms!


Hannah made me quite a few cards at school.  One is actually written in Spanish.  She made this one during her Spanish class and was very proud of herself.


If you look closely at this one, Hannah actually used every letter in my name and wrote something to go with it.  Very impressive!


There is nothing better in life than being a mom and to me there's nothing sweeter than getting a special gift from one of my girls that they are so proud of themselves for making.

I LOVED this Mother's Day!!!!

No comments: