We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Living Life in the Middle of a Whirlwind

It seems as though the last few weeks we have been living life in the middle of a whirlwind and trying our best to keep up.  The sad part is......I'm not sure I see it slowing down in the next couple of weeks!  Heaven help us!

I have lots of pictures to post I just need to find some time to get it done.  When I reach the time of night that I can do it, I am so exhausted that I sit on the couch and fall to sleep.  Hopefully one of these days I can get them on my blog!

What's been going on?

Since the last week of March Hannah has been coming to Mendon directly after school to practice for the braiding of the May Pole for the May Day celebration in Mendon.  Practices have been Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.  Thank goodness Dave has been able to adjust his schedule for Monday and Tuesday in order to pick her up from school and my Mom has been willing to get her on Thursdays and bring her for practice.  The May Day Celebration was today!  Phew!  Practices are over!!!!!!  We had to be to the Mendon Square by 9:30 this morning and didn't leave until 1 p.m.  It ended up being fun though and Hannah enjoyed the experience.

Hannah and Ashley are both in soccer.  Just by saying that should explain it all.  This is the first year that the girls have tried soccer.  Yea, didn't know how much it entailed.  It is only recreation soccer but Hannah practices two nights per week - Monday and Thursday - and has two games per week - Tuesday and Saturday.  Thank goodness Ashley's coach isn't much into practicing where the kids are so young.  However, she too has two games per week - Tuesday and Saturday.  There have already been two games where Dave has gone with one and Nicole and I have gone with the other.

The weekend of April 16-18 we went camping with our group of friends to Crystal Hot Springs.  I forgot the camera for this one though.  Man, I hate it when that happens!  We had a FUN time and REALLY enjoyed having the trailer.  The only thing that could have made it better was have a "medium" temperatured pool.  From the two to choose from....one was freezing cold and the other was WAY too hot.

The weekend of April 23-25 had me and the girls assisting my mom because she had surgery on Friday, April 23.  This is also the weekend that Dave took off with his sister Erin and brother Nate to move Erin to Yakima, Washington, where she has gotten a job as a nurse anestatist.  The girls and I slept over at my Mom's Friday and Saturday nights.  We did leave on Saturday for two soccer games and then we were back on Sunday night for dinner and Hannah and Ashley stayed over again so she wasn't by herself.

Last week was crazy with my mom out of commision and Dave in training.  So...I ended up leaving work early Tuesday and Wednesday in order to make May Day Practices.  Both Hannah and Ashley received summer hair cuts on Wednesday....I hope to post those pictures....plus they have started long TaVaci practices on Wednesdays for their performance which will be on May 15.

We thought all was going well with my mom's surgery until Thursday night.  She called me around 7:30 and said that she was bleeding.  My Uncle and Aunt came from Smithfield to check her and realized that her incision was draining, which it had not drained at all since her surgery.  Then I received a paniced phone call at 12:30 a.m. from my mom that she has woken up and is drenched in blood/drainage and is needing to go to the ER.  Thank goodness for wonderful neighbors.  She made one call and one of the neighbors was right there to take her over which was a huge savings because I couldn't have gotten to her for at least 30 minutes.  She called me back at 1:30 a.m. and informed me she was back home and she was full of fluid pockets.  They went in with needles and drained everything out and wrapped her for the night.  She called her doctor Friday morning and he was out of the office for the day.  I left work to go see Hannah in her school play and on my way back I couldn't find my mom.  She returned my call to let me know she was in the doctor's office.  They called and said the doctor was coming in to check her out and she needed to come to his office ASAP.  Again, the same willing neighbor gave her a ride.  The doctor has inserted a drain in my mom's incision to make sure all of the drainage will come out and not settle into infection.  A nurse is coming in over the weekend both days to clean the incision and change the drain and then she goes back to the doctor Monday morning.  As I was getting in the shower tonight, my mom called to inform me that she is now running a fever.  What does this mean?  I am praying extremely hard that we do not end up dealing with an infection.  She called the nurse and was told what to do and the nurse will be there at 8:30 tomorrow morning.

The next two weeks will also be crazy.  Dave will be going to Motor School in Ogden.  Yes, Dave is now going to be a Motorcycle Cop.  CHIPS here he comes!  He will be leaving home by 6:30 a.m.  We had one girl at work quit.  Her last day was Friday.  Jen at work leaves tomorrow for Hawaii....too bad she's not taking me.....and that will leave me and Brandi for the week.  I have a lunch meeting on Monday, a doctor's appt on Tueday, and a meeting in Salt Lake on Friday morning at 9 a.m.  Yea.....haven't figured out what to do with the girls.  Grandma is out of commission and Dave is leaving early.  I'm breathing.......yes, I'm breathing.....

Also in the last two weeks, Ashley turned 5 and Dave and I had our 12th Wedding Anniversay, which was celebrated apart.

Phew!  Now I'm exhausted!!  Hopefully I can catch up with pictures before July 24!

1 comment:

Emily Snow said...

Oh my gosh, Shell, have enough going on with your life? Sheesh!