We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Ashley

On Tuesday, April 27, Ashley turned five years old!  Where has the time gone?!?

We all had our regular schedules during the day.  This was a regular preschool day for Ashley and she was excited to pull in the driveway and see the Birthday sign was hung up for her.

After work/school, May Day practice and a chat with the Visiting Teachers, we loaded in the van and and headed to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  This was Ashley's pick because she wanted to sit in the saddle (thanks to Hannah for a little prodding).

We arrived at Texas Roadhouse and walked in the door and were greeted by some workers that were face painting.  BONUS!  My girls eat up having their faces painted.  I was seated by the hostess and Dave stayed with the girls to get "painted".

Here's some pictures of us at the dinner table.  Notice Ashley's crown that was made for her by Teacher Nicole at preschool.  We also had to take some pictures of the face painting.


After dinner, out came the saddle.  While talking about it, Ashley was stoked to sit on the saddle.  When it was time for it to really happen, she was a bit nervous.  I tried to get her to look at me so I could take a picture but I think she was concentrating too hard on not crying.  By the look on her face you can't tell if she's ready to laugh or cry.


On our way to Grandma Peterson's for presents and cake, Ashley chatted with Uncle Glade on the phone.  She told him of her experience sitting in the saddle and she also told him that she was going to have all of her birthdays at Texas Roadhouse so she can sit in the saddle.  I think WAY down deep she enjoyed it.

For Ashley's birthday cake, I tried my hand at a Barbie cake.  It turned out alright.  I learned some lessons and will do things a bit different next time.  However, to a five year old she was in awe of the cake and to the mom that's all that matters.  She LOVED her Belle cake.  I was impressed that I remembered to take pictures this time.  Thanks Dave.  If you remember, I forgot to take pictures of Hannah's cake.




We opened presents with Grandma Peterson.  Zsu Zsu pets were the hit this year.  She LOVES them.  She also got colored paper, markers, a bat and ball, a hola hoop, and bedding for a new bed Dave is going to make her.  After everyone was at the point of exhaustion, we headed home for bed.






Ashley, we are so thankful you are a part of our family.  You are such a sweet, blue-eyed girl with a huge heart.  I love how artistic you are and how you can sit for hours with paper, crayons/markers, glue and scissors.  I love your sweet giggle and the things you come up with to say.  For example, when you came out of your room in awe of your fingernails and informed me that Jesus made us and he stuck our fingernails on with glue and yours were coming off and you needed more glue.  We love you and hope you had a wonderful birthday!

1 comment:

Mike and Jessie Hylton said...

I love the cake. It is Emily's birthday on the 25th. I'm tempted to go and buy her a barbie and make a cake like that. :) I'm serious too.