We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Friday, May 22, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Mother's Day for me actually started on Saturday prior to going to Hannah's TaVaci performance. After Dave and Hannah's rehearsal Saturday morning, they went shopping for some Mother's Day presents. While we were eating dinner Saturday night, the girls and Dave gave me a new digital camera! I got it early so I would be able to use it during the performance. What an upgrade for me it was! My old camera has a tiny tiny LCD screen on the back, which is difficult to take pictures with. The new camera is pretty much an LCD screen on the entire back. Whahoo! I love the camera.

Sunday morning brought Dave and the girls making me breakfast. It was YUMMY! German pancakes, bacon, and lots of other fixings. When I came to the table to eat, my plate was covered with more presents! There was a Snoopy card from the girls, a sweet card from Dave, a package of Twix candy bars, a package of KitKat candybars, and a package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. All my favorites! Then I was surprised with a box of 10 fun games! The most important game, according to Hannah, was Chess. Hannah has been attending Chess Club on Monday afternoon's after school because her carpool ride is over the chess club. I think Hannah has really enjoyed learning how to play this game. I commented to Hannah once that I didn't know how to play and so she told Dave that she wanted to get me chess for Mother's Day so she could teach me how to play. I must say that we have played probably six times and I have only beaten her once!

After breakfast and presents, it was off to Emelia's (Nate and Kendal's new baby girl) baby blessing in Nibley. Church started at 11 a.m. and we were actually in the Chapel and seated by 10:40. Very impressive!

The blessing went well and then it was off to the Welker Ranch for lunch and hanging out with family! All three girls loved playing with cousins and being outside. It was a beautiful spring day, which we hadn't seen much of until this particular weekend. We left the Welker Ranch at 5:30 with three exhausted girls and I left with a sunburn! The food was yummy and the company was great!

All-in-all it was a fun Mother's Day. I love seeing how excited Hannah and Ashley get about celebrating these kinds of holidays!

PS....I forgot to mention that I also got two cards from Hannah that she made in school. One was in English and the other was in Spanish. Ashley and Nicole each made me a sweet colored flower at daycare. I love them all!

No comments: