We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hogle Zoo

On Friday, May 1, I surprised the girls by taking them to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City!



The girls knew there was going to be a surprise on Friday and this was good ammunition to keep them on task during the week. Traci had taken the day off for her Mom's graduation from USU and so I needed to take the day off as well to take care of Ashley and Nicole. I had talked to my mom about surprising the girls and taking them to the zoo and we did really good keeping the secret and not letting the "cat out of the bag".


Hannah really started struggling Wednesday night with wanting to know. I kept telling her that by Friday at 9 a.m. she'd know the surprise. Friday morning brought things as usual. I still had Hannah get ready for school and things seemed normal. She was concerned about what I was going to do with Ashley and Nicole seems Traci wasn't working. I kept telling her that I hadn't figured it out but then Friday morning she knew they were going to be with Grandma Peterson and she wasn't too thrilled that she was going to school and they were going to be with Grandma.

We loaded in the car and left Mendon on time to pick up the carpool kids and get everyone to school on time. As all of the kids were unloading from the van to head into school, I told Hannah that I needed her to stay in the van and come with me for a while. She was completely dumb founded. After the other kids were gone and we started pulling away I told her that she would not be going to school today that the surprise was spending the day at Hogle Zoo. She was totally caught off guard! I had pulled it off! We headed over to pick up Grandma and we were off for a fun day at the zoo!

We stopped in Ogden and had breakfast at a restaurant named Jeremiah's. It was super yummy! I would highly recommend it. The next stop was Hogle Zoo.


We arrived a little before noon and didn't leave until 3:30 p.m. The temperature was great! Not too sunny and not too hot. I'd have to say the temperature was the best I have ever experienced at the zoo. We did have a few drops of rain but that only lasted for maybe 3 minutes.

We rode the carousel, which Nicole wasn't too thrilled about...



attended the bird show, which I ended up leaving early for because Nicole wasn't too interested in "sitting still"

Thanks Ashley for catching this on camera!

We saw almost all of the animals, and topped the day off with the train ride.



What a fun day I had with my girls!


I know the pictures have a pink tint.......I think it's time to get a new camera!

No comments: