We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Monday, March 30, 2009

Double Trouble

Hannah: "Mom? Can we drive the golf cart in the backyard."

Me: "Did Dad let you drive in the backyard yesterday?"

Hannah: "Yes."

Me: "Alright. Be careful though."

I bath Nicole and get her ready for bed. As I'm walking into the kitchen, I glance out the window and see that Hannah and Ashley have gotten the golf cart stuck in the mud. When Hannah asked about driving in the backyard, I did not comprehend that it meant right up next to the house in the mud. Hindsight tells me that Dave told them they could drive in the backyard but only on the grass. I seemed to have left out the "grass" part. I have made a note for next time.

As I get the camera and take pictures out the window, I see that they are using Dave's tools that were on the golf cart to get the mud off the tires and hoping this will help them get unstuck. Notice Hannah has Ashley getting the tires in the back because she doesn't want to get her shoes muddy.

I finally convince them that the golf cart is stuck and it's going to require Dad getting it out tomorrow (Dave happened to be at Young Men's). I tell them to get off the cart and start walking to the patio door. They look at me as though I'm nuts. They were expecting me to go out and get them. Whatever! You got yourself in the mud and you're going to have to get yourselves out. I will meet you at the patio door.

Here they come.....then all of a sudden Hannah's shoe gets stuck........of course she has on white, yes, bright white socks. Ashley stopped to help Hannah but ended up getting stuck herself. Hannah went back to get her shoes and to help Ashley. Ashley ends up having to go back to get her shoe that is stuck in the mud. Oh my goodness! It's total mayhem at the moment.

They finally get to the patio door. Yes, those are Hannah's nice "white" socks that ended up in the garbage. Ashely has a shoe on her right foot and it's her bare foot on the left. I know. It's hard to tell from all the mud.

Dave's response when he got home you ask? He laughed and thought it was great! That's because he didn't have to carry them one by one to the bathroom to find enough parts of them to put them in the bath and THEN clean up the mud from the sink!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laugh about your kid's stories with the golf cart, they sound like they are easily entertained. And all kids love mud I had just washed & driedkonner's carhrat coat and when I had him put it on for school there was all this mud PLASTERED on the back. He had been spinning out in a puddle on his bike. It makes us realize that sometimes we just have to laugh....