We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Monday, March 23, 2009

All Ready for Church and No Where to Go....or so I thought.....

So, the same day I caught the girls on camera hiding/playing in the cabinet was also the same Sunday that Dave was away on his snowmobile vacation. I had myself prepared and ready for the on taking of church on my own.
Mentally, I had prepared a schedule in my head that we needed to follow in order to have everyone ready (ie. dress, tights, hair, teeth, etc) and out the door to be on time for sacrament meeting. I had my mom scheduled to come to sacrament meeting with us to help with the girls.
We were on schedule and doing great! I was rather impressed with myself. Nicole was dressed in her outfit with tights, her hair was done and would only the curls "fluffed" before walking out the door, and she was down for a morning nap so we could "survive" the three hours of church. Ashley and Hannah had their hair done and teeth brushed and were ready for dresses. It was now 10:15 and I'm ready to hit the bathroom to start getting myself ready. We have one hour and we need to walk out the door.
As I'm in the bathroom starting my hair, a thought keeps coming to mind of "When is Stake Conference?" The thought won't leave so I pulled out my Nursery schedule, which shows the lesson to be taught for the week. It says that Today (March 15) is Stake Conference, which starts at 10 a.m. It's now 10:20 a.m. Oh man! We were doing so good. We were going to be on time!
I walked out and thanked the girls for getting their dresses on but I had some crazy news. Today was Stake Conference so we wouldn't be going to church because we have missed it. Hannah started chuckling and fell on the couch because her crazy mother made them get ready for church and there isn't any. Thanks Hannah! You're not helping my self-esteem.
I picked up the phone and quickly called my Mom so she didn't start coming from North Logan for church that wasn't going to be. She herself was dressed and ready to go and was packing up dinner to bring over for after church. She too got quite a chuckle from my oops.
While the girls were dressed and ready to go, I took a few pictures of Ashley and Nicole (after she woke from her nap). Once Hannah found out we missed church, she was out of her dress lickety split. Needless-to-say, she avoided the camera.

Notice Ashley has on my necklace and my bracelet. She's my bling-bling girl!

Kind of an odd picture......where's the other foot?

Well, the story does not end here. Wednesday night was enrichment night for our ward. I am on the enrichment night committee so I was at the church early to set up and get food ready. As I was waiting for other members of the committee to come, I took some time and walked around. On the table by the Chapel were some flyers. One of the flyers was for the Mendon Stake Conference, which is on Sunday, March 22! That's right! We could have made it to church the prior Sunday and been on time. Stake Conference was the upcoming Sunday! My Nursery schedule had it on the wrong week. It sure is good we can laugh at ourselves!!!

It goes to show that there's too much going on in my brain! I can't keep it straight!!! I sure hope I can figure out when General Conference is!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you get an A for effort!!!