We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Time Out for Women Weekend

This past weekend, September 16 & 17, was Time Out for Women in Logan.  Wahoo!

I look forward to this event all year long.  We order the tickets in May and it's marked on the calendar.  Dave knows that I don't ask for much time to do things on my own but when it comes to Time Out for Women weekend he's all over making sure the girls are taken care of so I can enjoy my Time Out.  He's awesome!

It is such a wonderful weekend where you can listen to others regarding life and life experiences and realize that you're not alone and that your normal.  It's okay to feel like you can't keep up and that you're treading water trying to barely stay above ground.  It's okay that there's those "moments" that your kids are driving you crazy but you still love them.

It's a weekend where one minute you're laughing and the next minute you're crying and then your looking at this person on the stage and in awe of how amazing they are.

It is a weekend that totally fills my cup, helps me put life back into perspective and to realize that I can do it and right now I'm doing the best I can and my Heavenly Father knows it, he's cheering me on and he loves me.

One of the presenters this year was a mother/daughter team - Linda J Eyre and Shawni Eyre Pothier.  They spoke on Motherhood.  Once again....it was a subject I needed to hear and to realize to find those crazy moments and try to bring in a little more holiness to make it through.  The daughter's example was to tell her kids that she loved them as she was buckling them in their car seats instead of the craziness of yelling to get buckled.  Oh....if I could remember that in the mornings!

Shawni has a blog called 71toes.com.  I have linked it on the sidebar of my blog.  For this past week, I have read her posts and have really been enjoying her insight on motherhood.  So, I wanted to share her blog address with everyone so you too can check it out and find some inspiration in raising your children or maybe your kids are gone from your home but I still think you'd enjoy reading her blog.  Plus, she's an amazing photographer and her pictures are beautiful.

As I was reading Shawni's post for today, it sent me to another blog where she actually posted her thoughts.  I was looking at the sidebar on this blog and found this saying from Marjorie Pay Hinkley.  I loved it and so I thought I'd better include it on my blog because I can totally relate.

I'm already looking forward to next year's Time Out for Women Event.  It's marked on the calendar and the tickets will be purchased in May!  If you need a Time Out, you're more than welcome to join me.  The more the merrier!

No comments: