We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Nicole's First Day of Preschool

I was disappointed in August when I sent in Nicole's preschool registration and they called me saying that the preschool was full and that there was a waiting list.  This is the same preschool that Hannah and Ashley attended and I never had any problems with them enrolling so I was a bit shocked.

After talking with the director, I decided it was okay to place her on the waiting list because in all reality she's only three and will be able to do preschool next year before heading off to kindergarten.  They put her on the list and she was number five.  By being this far down, I figured we'd be able to get her started around January after Christmas break.

Then came a phone call the Wednesday before preschool was to start that they actually had a spot for Nicole.  There had been that much movement with the students that they were able to make it all of the way down to number five. 

This phone call came the same day that she started TaVaci class and so after an amazing time at TaVaci, we went to the open house for preschool.  She was so cute.  While walking into TaVace she saw the red balloons and the red path into the building and she looked up at me and said, "I'm so excited!"  We went to the preschool open house while Ashley was at TaVaci and it was time to go and what does she say? "Mom, I just need two more minutes to play and then I can go.  Can I please have two more minutes?"  I think she'll do just fine in both places.

On Tuesday, September 6, 2011, Nicole started preschool.  Hannah and Ashley were exited to be able to be in the car as we dropped her off for the first time and Teacher Jackie came to the car to take her in. 

Side note:  This is why I like this preschool.  You pull in the circular drive, they come to the car and get the kids and walk them inside.  Then for pick up, you pull into the circular drive, show you number, and they bring the child out to your car and buckle them in.  Totally worth the price!

Nicole is such an outgoing and infectious child.  She loves people and has no hesitation in walking up to make friends.  She has the ability to suck people in and they walk away loving her.  What a joy she is to have in our home.

Here she is on that first morning!


It's not complete without the funny face! 

1 comment:

wendy jensen said...

Yeah for Miss Nicole. This is why I love your kids! Thanks for the updates.
Wendy