We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Visit to the Cemetery

On Sunday after church the girls changed into pj's (when church gets out at 4 pm you might as well go directly to pj's instead of another set of clothes) and we picked up Grandma and went to put flowers on my Dad's grave.

I cannot believe it will be three years this July since my Dad's passing.  It seems as though he has been gone for a really long time but when you look back the last three years have flown by.  It makes me sad to see that Ashley's memory of Grandpa is all but none.  She was only 2 1/2 (Nicole's current age) when he passed away.  It is a little heart breaking for me to realize that she'll never remember him and her obsession with his baseball caps.  As soon as we'd go to visit, she'd make him put on a baseball cap and she'd wear one herself.

We were getting out the flowers and putting them on my Dad's grave when Nicole walked over to my cousin's grave (right next to my Dad's) and picked up a bouquet of flowers and declared, "I'll take this one"!  Try explaining to a 2 year old that we're leaving the flowers and not picking ones for us to take.

My Grandpa (mom's dad) is also buried next to my Dad so it's nice to be able to visit three graves all at once.



The last few weeks have made me really think about and miss my Dad.  Dave and I have begun the process of putting in our yard.  This is something that my Dad loved to do and he was good at it.  If he were here, I know he would have been here on his tractor as soon as the snow melted and been ready to start prepping the yard for the sprinkler system and he would have been loving life.

I'm sure he's cheering us on from up above and wishing himself that he were here playing on his tractor!

No comments: