We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ashley Lost Her First Tooth!

I received a picture text yesterday from Traci that Ashley finally lost her first tooth!

About three weeks ago, Ashley noticed that her bottom tooth was loose.  She has been anticipating when the time would come that the tooth would come out.

On Sunday morining Hannah and Ashley were having a conversation about how they could get Ashley's tooth out.  I heard Hannah tell Ashley to go and get the floss.  I had to tell them to stop.  This is something that I cannot handle.  It brings back too many memories.  The smell and the taste comes rushing back.  I informed them to leave the tooth alone and that it would come out when it was ready.

On Sunday after church, we took my mom, Grandma, and Aunt Jo, who is visiting from Virginia, up Black Smith Fork Canyon for a cookout.  As we were driving down Hollow Road, Ashley is playing with her tooth and Hannah tells her that if she'll twist her tooth around two times it will pop out.  AAHHHH!!  Again, I told them to stop!  I cannot handle this!  Again, I inform them that the tooth will come out when it's ready.

Monday afternoon around 12:30, I received a text from Traci with a picture attached.  The text said, "She lost it!" and the picture was of Ashley smiling with a hole in her teeth and she's holding a ziploc baggie with her tooth in it. 

I replied to Traci and asked if it had come out on it's own or if Traci had pulled it.  The reply was that Sharon, the next door neighbor, had come over and Ashley had knocked her tooth backward.  Sharon got a paper towel and pulled the tooth the rest of the way out.

Ashley turned to Traci after it was over and said that she thought she was going to throw up!  She was a bit grossed out from the blood in her mouth.  After rinsing with water and holding a couple of paper towels in the hole to stop the bleeding, she was off and running again.

Here's some pictures from that night when we got home.  She looks so cute missing a tooth!

No comments: