We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Friday, February 12, 2010

Two Accidents in Two Weeks

I wanted to post all of our happenings in chronological order and I've been trying to find the time to catch up for December and January. However, I need to take a moment and intercede and go out of order for just a minute.

I have been involved in two accidents in the last two weeks. Are you kidding me?!?!?

Two weeks ago the girls and I were heading to Logan as we do every weekday morning for work, school, and Traci's. I turned on to the road below our house and noticed a bicyclist. That was odd. I'm not sure I had ever seen a bicyclist on this road so early in the morning. Especially on a morning that there was a skiff of snow on the road.

Heading down the road I'm "assuming" he'll keep going. I look in my rear view mirror and start the process of going around the biker. I look back to the road and I'm committed to the "go around" when all of the sudden his lifts his had to signal a turn and WHAM! We hit. Hitting someone with my vehicle is one of my worst nightmares and on this day the nightmare came true.

I quickly realized how lucky both me and my neighbor were. Yes, my van has some scars. The passenger mirror is broken and when I returned home from work I noticed the LARGE scratch down the side of the van from his handle bar. But....he didn't even fall off his bike! He stayed upright and wasn't hurt at all. Phew! I hate to think of what a few more seconds would have done. I don't think I could have handled it if I would have run over him. It makes me sick to my stomach to even think of it.


I called him that night just to make sure he was still alright. Thank goodness he was and is! He actually leads the music in sacrament meeting. The next Sunday we end up sitting two rows back from the front right in front of where the music is lead. Hannah asked me what I was going to do. I told her it would be fine. Well, he wasn't there to lead the music. You should have seen the look on Hannah's face. She thought he wasn't there because he was hurt. He appeared the next Sunday which put Hannah's mind to rest!

Then today, which is the next day that there has been snow on the road. It ran through my mind as I was getting ready this morning that the last time the roads had snow on them I hit the neighbor.

The girls and I left again for our morning routine. The roads here in Mendon were EXTREMELY slick. We slid through the stop sign and railroad tracks as we were stopping to turn on to the same road that the prior accident occurred on.

We made it all the way to the next stop sign before needing to stop to turn on to the "Old Mendon Road". As we approach the stop sign, I notice a car off the left hand side of the road in the ditch. I tell the girls to look out the window and see the car in the ditch. Hannah asks if anyone is in it. I look and say, "nope." Then, SMACK. We get rear ended. I thought it was the bishop that was behind me on the road. I actually work with the Bishop at BATC. Hmmm....how odd is this going to be to get out and "chat" with the bishop. As I got out, I was taken back to see that it wasn't the bishop it was his son. We accessed the damage while trying to keep from falling on the ground. The damage isn't too bad. We left and I will need to get with him about fixing the bumper.

I have now endured two accidents in two weeks. I think I should be done now for the next 10-12 years! Poor Hannah has been traumatized by the three accidents she's now been involved in. Poor thing might be in counseling for them. Kidding! She did cry this morning as we were driving in. However, she handled this one better than the one two weeks ago when I got a call from the school because she had an upset stomach. These accidents have been a good learning lesson to the girls as to how important it is to ALWAYS wear a seat belt!

So I'm done....or at least I'm hoping to be done for quite awhile! Let's hope sooner or later my stars align and I'll be left alone!

1 comment:

Emily Snow said...

Glad no one was hurt but accidents are never fun!