We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ashley's First Day of Preschool

Today (September 8) is the day Ashley has been waiting for.........today, she started preschool at Morningside. Ashley has been doing preschool at daycare for two years now but today she got to start her "other" preschool as she calls it. Ashley has been very upset since Hannah started school in August because she has been ready to go.

I drove her to her first day of preschool and walked her in. She immediately made friends with Teacher Nicole and was commenting that she has a friend named Nicole. She completely forgot she has a sister named Nicole too. I hugged her in the parking lot and told her how proud I was of her because I knew once we got inside she would be off and going.

Teacher Nicole took Ashley and showed her where to hang her backpack and got her a name tag and that's all she wrote. I don't even think she heard me say goodbye and that I'd be back to get her in awhile. That's my Ashley. A complete polar opposite from her sister Hannah.

I like Morningside for the fact that you pull in the circle drive and a teacher comes out to pick up your child and then a teacher brings your child to you for pick up. Nice! I love not having to park and walk in. They even buckle them in the car for you. Complete HEAVEN. Wouldn't it be nice if they did this for kindergarten too?!?

I am posting this late and Ashley has now completed two weeks of preschool and I must say she LOVES it. She has a friend from day care in her class and they seem to play together well. She has commented that she has some other friends and they "follow her around".

When I picked Ashley up on Thursday, the teacher commented at how well Ashley listens to instructions and works extremely hard to complete her projects correctly and neatly. That's my little Picaso!

It's hard for us to remember that Ashley is only 4. She is tall for her age and very mature. It almost feels like she should have been starting kindergarten instead of preschool. That's alright though. I'll take preschool. I want to keep her little and innocent as long as I can!

Ashely is attending the afternoon session of preschool. Grandma Peterson picks her up from Traci's and takes her to class and then I pick her up after work. Here's two pictures of Ashely on her first day outside in Traci's front yard.


No comments: