We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Thursday, January 1, 2009

We're Winding Down and Heading Home

After many fun times, lots of food, and ringing in a new year, we are leaving Arizona tomorrow morning and heading back for snowy Utah.

Today we took a mountain adventure and went for a picnic and some sight seeing. The temperature was beautiful. It was in the mid-sixties and sunny! I did make the comment to Glade as we were getting ready to take a little walk to the river that I was wishing I had packed a pair of shorts!

The adventure was great. Even as we were trying to get to the Beaver Dam and ran out of road.....the cute little beavers built another dam and flooded the road. On the way back out, we had to take a stop and take some pictures by a cactus.

After not being able to get further on the washed out road, we hiked up a bit on the mountain and came to a hollowed out tree. Hannah and Ashley had fun getting inside the tree and we got a few pictures of the adventure.

Yesterday consisted of Dave fixing Kevin's car and going golfing with the guys. The girls had lots of cousin time and then Nicole and Ashley stayed with Grandma Welker and Aunt Wendy while me, Hannah, Alyson, Lauren, and McKenzie (Alyson's friend) went to see Bedtime Stories. We rang in the new year minus a few. We had TONS and TONS of food and were pretty much sick by the time we hit the pillows. Hannah stayed up long enough to ring in her first new year and stayed up even longer after I crashed to have more cousin time. She finally crashed out on the basement floor at 1:30 and was up this morning by 7:30. She's a tired girl!

We hope tomorrow brings a relaxing and enjoyable ride to Kanab with the girls and Landon! I'm ready to be home but not sure I'm ready to be back to the snow. I could continue with the beautiful weather!

When I get to my card reader (Mendon) I will post pictures!

No comments: