We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Monday, June 25, 2012

His Moments of Stardom

In the last couple of weeks, Dave has been getting his few seconds/minutes of stardom.

There was a SWAT call out in Providence a week or so ago.  Dave called home a little before 10 p.m. and asked that we record the news.  Us girls were finishing a movie so after it was over we watched the news and there was Dave on Channel five for about 2.1 seconds.

Then yesterday at church a girl that is in the Primary Presidency with me said she saw Dave in the paper and knew it was him.  Both Dave and I denied it because there was an article a week ago right after the Providence call out but Dave wasn't one of the pictures in the paper.

As the conversation continues, she informs us that it's today's paper that he's in.  We were so rushed for church that we didn't look at the paper.  So after church we checked it out and low and behold.....it was Dave.

Here's a link:
http://news.hjnews.com/news/article_8875f78c-bda0-11e1-87a0-001a4bcf887a.html

Funny story to go along with the newscast.....
The following day I told Dave that he looked nice in his 2 seconds of fame. Then he asked me if I saw him walking in front of the house with the shield. This was a clip on the news as well. Ya know.....when it showed on the news for a split second I thought that was Dave walking with the shield but then I told myself that it wasn't. Well, I guess it was. However, I told Dave that in my "Happy Place" he doesn't do anything dangerous. He asked what I thought he did. I informed him that in my mind he sits in his car and just listens to the radio. He smiled and said, "Ok. If that's what you want to think." Yep....it is.

Anyway, Dave is now a star.....at least in my eyes.

No comments: