We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Nicole

I cannot believe that Nicole has turned four!  I love four year olds.  This is the age that I wish I could keep all of my girls.  They are so cute!  I love the innocence, the imagination, the trust and the faith these little bodies possess.

Her birthday fell on a Monday this year so she got to spend the day with her Dad while Hannah and Ashley went to school and I went to work.  Nicole really looks forward to "Daddy Days".  I think Dave enjoys them too.  They are such the little buddies.

The Saturday before the girls and I, along with Grandma, went shopping for some presents.  Grandma kept Nicole occupied through Kmart while the rest of us bought presents.  She got a Cinderella Dress, a crown, a Rapunzel doll, paint and a princess flashlight.

Monday afternoon, I picked Hannah and Ashley up from school and we headed to Walmart to purchase a cake.  I should have made a birthday cake but didn't have time and I was hoping she would have won the birthday prizes on the radio because it comes with a cake but that didn't happen so the next best thing was to buy one from the store!  Hannah and Ashley chose the purple Rapunzel cake and can I say.....Nicole loved it!

Grandma Peterson came out for dinner and we celebrated with homemade corn dogs, deep fried mushrooms and cauliflower, and our very first batch of homemade crinkle fries!  Sounds a bit greasy doesn't it?  It was so yummy though!

After dinner we sang Happy Birthday, blew out the candles, opened presents and finally enjoyed eating the cake with some ice cream.

Nicole - we are so blessed to have you as part of our family.  Your big brown eyes can light up a room.  I love hearing your sweet voice.  I love hearing your infectious laugh.  I love your spunk.  Our family would not be complete without you and I feel blessed that you're mine.

Happy Birthday!

Picture disclaimer: prior to the festivities, Nicole took it upon herself to spruce up her hair.  Thus....the wet bangs!

The Rapunzel cake.....you can tell by the smile that she loves the cake!


Hannah ran upstairs and quickly made this birthday hat for Nicole.

A few family photos!






Happy Birthday to you!


Now to the good stuff!  The presents!



Here comes the final present.  The one you've been waiting for.  Wait for it.....
Wait for it.....

What can it be?

A Cinderella Dress!  Just what you said you wanted!

No comments: