We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Friday, May 13, 2011

A Little Catching Up

Happy Anniversary
Monday, April 25 marked 13 years that Dave and I have been married.  Wahoo!

Dave actually left on Monday the 25th for the entire week to attend SWAT training in Wendover, NV.  Before he left he brought me some beautiful roses at work.  The arrangement of flowers consisted of 13 red roses; one for each year of marriage and three white roses; one for each of our girls.  Now that's impressive!  There was definitely some thought that went into these roses.

I have to say I'm pretty spoiled!!!

Happy Birthday Ashley
On Wednesday, April 27, Ashley turned six!  Let's have another wahoo for that one!!! 

With Dave being out of town, we talked Ashley into waiting for the main festivities until he returned and could enjoy it with us.  So, we did our regular routine of TaVaci and then headed to Mendon for Ashley's soccer game at 5:30.  Once the game was over, we headed to town and had a birthday dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  Ashley's choice.  It's all about sitting in the saddle!

What are the two thoughts stand out the most at this dinner?

1- The girls were standing in the aisle watching the waitresses/waiters line dance when all of a sudden comes a THUD! A little boy probably about 18 months old came backward into our booth from the other booth behind us and smacked his head on our table.  Ouch!  I'm not sure how he actually came over backward.  I can see frontward if he was leaning over the bench but he wasn't.

2- We were sitting at the table waiting for our food when all of the sudden it dawns on me that I have forgotten to take Hannah to her piano lesson.  Between Dave being gone and trying to coordinate TaVaci, soccer and a birthday dinner I totally spaced off that Hannah needed to be at piano during Ashley's soccer game.  I had forgotten my cell phone at home so it wasn't until 9:30 that I could call her teacher with multiple apologies.

Ashley's VIP Poster
Picture this in your mind with me......it's Monday night.  This is the first of four nights/five days that Dave is gone.  Ashley comes up to me as she's heading to bed and says, "Mom, my birthday is on Wednesday.  Have you made my VEI poster for school?"  In my shocked but trying not to be shocked voice, I say, "No.  Am I suppose to make you a poster?"  Ashley - "Yes.  When it's your birthday, your mom makes a poster about you and then brings it to share in class."  Me - "Oh....well.....I haven't heard from your teacher so I'll send her an e-mail tonight and see what I'm suppose to do."

The next morning when I get to work, I check my e-mail and see that I am suppose to create a "VIP" poster on Ashley.  The e-mail says that if I'd like to come and share the poster on Wednesday that would be great but if that's too soon I can wait and come on Thursday.    Hmmm.....let's think about this for a moment.  I can't do anything until I'm off work on Tuesday and then I have to get Hannah to TaVaci at 4pm then to a soccer game at 5:30.  When am I suppose to buy the poster paper and find the pictures to have the poster ready for presentation by Wednesday?  I replied that Thursday would work fine.  I would need the extra day to pull it together.

Tuesday during TaVaci I was able to take Ashley to purchase the poster paper and she picked the "rainbow" paper.  She's such a color girl.  Tuesday night I stayed up until almost midnight finding pictures and then Wednesday night I pulled it all together.  I then made it for the end of class Thursday for the presentation and the handing out of cupcakes to celebrate Ashley's birthday.

Here's the final product:

Ashley's Birthday Party
This year it was Ashley's turn for the "friend" birthday party.  She was adamant that she needed a skating party at the Fun Park.  So....that's what she got.  We held the festivities on Monday, May 2.  It worked out great because I had taken the day off work and it was Dave's regular scheduled day off.

There ended up being 15 girls for the party.  This included Hannah, Nicole and Hannah's friend.  Can I just say.....that's a lot of little girls to coordinate!  Especially where only 4 could skate!!!  I was sweating by the time the pizza was ready!!!

It turned out to be a fun party and I think everyone had a great time.  I asked Ashley on the way home if she had fun but she told me no.  I guess that's what I get for asking when she's exhausted because the next morning it was the best party she'd ever had!  Probably because it was only her second one!

However, she did say that where she invited all girls this year she would like to invite all boys next time.  Oh dear!  I guess we'll see if that changes when she's in 2nd grade!


She was so cute!  She sang to herself the whole time everyone was singing Happy Birthday!



She hit the goldmine in the present department!  You could tell that all of the girls had her pegged.  They all gave her some sort of art supply/kit.  She was in total heaven!


According to Ashley, her favorite present was the remote controlled puppy from Mom and Dad!

Happy Birthday Ashley!  We love you!!

No comments: