We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Craft Nights

The past two Mondays I have been a brave mom and done a craft with the girls. Two Mondays ago we painted. I painted a wood project to hold our keys, Hannah painted a wood heart, Ashley painted a wood egg (they picked their projects from Michael's) and Nicole painted an egg carton. In the end, all of the girls ended up painting egg cartons and we quickly stopped Nicole from drinking the brush washing water. Phew!

I am the Enrichment Night Leader for our ward and the first "event" I am over is Fabulous Friday (or sometimes knows as Super Saturday), which turns in to a HUGE craft night. Oh, what a joy it has been coordinating, planning, scheduling, and all that fun stuff. I will sure be glad when it's Saturday.

Well, Hannah and Ashley have been helping me tote the crafts to church on Sundays for people to see and sign up. They have been particulary interested in the journals we are making, which basically has been "scrapbooked". So, this past Monday Hannah and Ashley started making their own journals. Nicole has been put to bed for this one. Nicole and glue didn't seem to go together. This project actually took three nights to finish and tonight was the ending.

As I start these projects, I always wonder what I've gotten myself in to but as I see how much the girls enjoy the project and making something, it makes me realize that I need to do it more often!

2 comments:

Risa said...

I am the enrichment leader in my ward too and we are having a Wacky Wednesday instead of Super Saturday and I am going crazy trying to get it all together. I will be so happy when it is all done and over with. We actually did those journals for once of our quarterly activities back in June. They are fun. Good luck with all that you get to do with that!

Mike and Jessie Hylton said...

Just so you know I think you are an amazing MOM!! You always do such fun things with your girls.