We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All

We May Not Have It All Together But Together We Have It All
June 2013

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm Afraid It's Only Just Begun

After coming home from work Monday night, we all decided to stay outside and enjoy the nice weather. We haven't had very much warm sunny weather yet this year so you take advantage of it when you can. Dave was in the garage working with his saws on a house project, the girls were playing outside here and there, and I was able to vacuum out the van.

As I'm vacuuming, I can see that Hannah and Ashley are on the side of the house playing on the rock pile. My mind starts wandering as I'm cleaning and some of the thoughts running through my head are of how these are the moments that I enjoy living in the country and having so much space for the girls to roam and play. This is how I grew up and I'm grateful to be able to pass this on to my girls.
I then start to wander as to what else needs to be accomplished tonight. We have dinner, family home evening, Dave's going to play basketball, etc. I run through my mind as to whether Hannah and Ashley need a bath. Well, Ashley bathed yesterday so she should be alright. Hannah bathed on Saturday so she could use a bath but if needs be we can hold off one more day. Nicole is good because she was bathed Sunday night.

Then........Hannah and Ashley come into the garage. They are COVERED and I mean COVERED in mud. Hannah's response, "Mom! We decided to roll in the mud and it was F U N!" I stood there frozen. Ashley wasn't as bad as Hannah but........

I looked at Dave and all we could do was smile. What do you do? I told them they needed to play outside until I was finished with the car and then we'd be going inside for baths. Yep! They sure helped make that decision for me.

As I'm looking at them, I don't think they rolled in the mud I think they painted themselves with mud. Hannah asked later that night if they were in trouble. She said that the mud was squishy between their toes and then it became so fun to "roll" in it. I told her they weren't in trouble but how about we not do it again.

As I thought about it through the night, I decided that I want to be little again. I want to experience the joy of playing in the mud and thinking it's an awesome feeling to have it squish between my toes!

These are Hannah's legs.......

This is Hannah's arm.......
Here's Ashley's feet.......

Oh, how much F U N!

With no grass yet I'm afraid the mud baths have only begun! They better hope these clothes come clean!